About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Saturday, March 10, 2007

FTV


FTV (Fashion TV) is one of the most painful channels to watch. I'm not sure what I dislike most, perhaps it's the irritating filming techniques (jump cuts, changing camera speed and a shaking hand held style that makes you feel sea sick) , the horrid soundtrack, interviews with models & designers in there native language (no subtitles) or the (far too regular) daggy promos. Anyway saying all that it is a channel that I think I should be watching daily. Whenever I switch over and watch it even for a short time (which is usually all I can bare) I see some amazing jewellery. When fashion designers incorporate accessories into their catwalk shows the jewellery more often than not appears to be big, bold and plastic.

For research purposes I will be adding regular viewing of FTV to my schedule. For sanity purposes I'll be taping it and fast forwarding to the good bits.

Jay McCarroll 2007, pictured above

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My 12 YO loves FTV.

But I'm always reminded of the last days of the Roman Empire.

FTV life is so decadent and vacuous.

Though I confess, the clothes at times can very quite inspiring.

mod*mom said...

hi plasticgirl!
come over + enter my contests :)

Anonymous said...

I love love love fashion tv despite all its shortcomings it can be so very very inspiring. My 12yo is a busdding fashion designer and has spent many a day on the couch watch Paris Fashion Week over and over and Im thrilled to say it's all about the clothes and not the models. PS what did you think of Jeffreys win on season 3 PR?

Liana Kabel said...

HI mod*mom I checked out your contests and I can see they are terrific.

I agree you REALLY are famous!

Liana Kabel said...

Firstly let me say my daughter is 12 this year so I'm joining this 12 yr old daughter club.

Ramona I must say I was impressed with your daughter's skirt (think that was it on your blog).

I did want Jeffrey to win as I am always going to go with something with a bit of edge and imagination. Although I did think michael was more consistent throughout the comp (although not my taste). Still I don't know if anyone will ever impress me as much as Jay. He just had the whole package.

Bring on PR 3, but in the mean time there is always plenty of FTV to watch and be inspired by.