About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 05, 2008

Bubblegum Shoes


I would do unspeakable things to own these shoes. Maybe that is a slight exaggeration, but still it is only a slight one! My current obsession is Melissa shoes - they're plastic, designer, smell like bubblegum, and oh so modern.

I had pangs of desire and simpatico when I first saw the Campana Brothers shoes several years ago. A couple of days ago, when I clinked on a link via Vogue magazine, the fires really started burning. I've since spent many hours exploring every page of the website, searched through dozens of blog entries, found website shops, looked at images of people wearing Melissa shoes via Flickr, found many other interesting online references, and still haven't had my fill!

All this shoe lust has been fun, but also completely work related. It has left me wondering what makes a product 'must-have'? There is a secret formula, I'm sure of it! I may have to continue the research...

5 comments:

Bec said...

Wow, I can see what you mean about these shoes. If products have an 'X' factor, then these shoes definitely have it...whatever 'it' is...

Liana Kabel said...

Yes they do Bec. They are lovely to wear too!

Anonymous said...

i love these shoes

Liana Kabel said...

Very tricky spam lucy - uhmmmm!

Liana Kabel said...

I admit to owning 4 pairs now & wanting more!