About Liana

My photo
Brisbane, Australia
My studio is located in Brisbane, Australia. For the past 10 years I’ve been enjoying creating jewellery designs from an array of mundane materials. Tupperware and knitting needles have remained a firm favourite. My designs have been published numerous times, graced the shelves of many wonderful galleries and stores and been worn by those whose aren’t afraid of colour and attention. All of which I am very grateful for. For several years I’ve also been fortunate enough to work with many businesses as a coach and workshop facilitator.

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

500 Plastic Jewelry (or as we like to say, jewellery) Designs


Oh I'm excited because I just received my copy of the new plastic jewellery design book, published by Lark, in today's post. Plastic jewellery really is my passion so I am more than happy to be a part of this book. Two of my designs, Knitwit bangles and a Knitwit Necklace are featured. There are many amazing designs that I can't wait to pore over.

The book is to be released next month, and is sure to be available at most book stores.

Here is a little more info:
The popular 500 series takes its hippest, most fun approach yet, with an intoxicatingly vibrant and technically diverse collection of contemporary jewelry. Juror Susan Kasson Sloan has put together a groundbreaking survey of the best work being done with this thoroughly modern material. Every page offers some delightful eye candy, with pieces that stretch from the subtle and sublime to the fantastically humorous. There's jewelry that tells a story, and jewelry that cleverly incorporates recycled materials--including sunglass lenses and knitting needles. In true 21st century style, much of the work is being designed and produced with cutting-edge CAD CAM technologies. The extremely talented artists include Jantje Fleischhut; Lisa and Scott Cylinder; Adam Paxon; Felieke van der Leest; Ted Noten; Svenja John; Pavel Herynek; Karin Seufert; and Margaux Lange.

No comments: